Following public outcry about some cartoons some of our kids watch on pay TV, and which seemingly glorify the Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender (LGBT) agenda, the Kenya Film Classification Board (KCFB) headed by Chief Executive Officer Dr. Ezekiel Mutua has written to Multichoice and asked them to immediately discontinue the broadcasting, distribution or exhibition of the programmes.
The six named programmes are:
- The Loud House (shows on Nickelodeon)
- The Legend of Korra (shows on Nickelodeon)
- Hey Arnold (shows on Nickelodeon)
- Clarence (shows on Cartoon Network)
- Steven Universe (shows on Cartoon Network)
- Adventure Time (shows on Cartoon Network)
Dr. Mutua (pictured) says that the cartoons are laced with subtle messages normalizing, glamorizing or even glorifying homosexual behaviour, which goes against Kenya’s morals and values.
This is interesting news. Do your kids watch the mentioned cartoons? Do they love them? Have you ever noticed the kind of content that Dr. Mutua is referring to? What do you think of KCFB’s move?
See below for the full statement.