Hi mums, how are the school holidays coming along? What are your kids up to? How are you keeping them engaged, or how are they keeping themselves engaged?
Now, I have some information about an exciting program coming up during this holiday that is of interest to you and your kids. If you’ve been following my blog for a while then you may remember this post ‘Do You Want your Child to be the Next TV Star’ that many moms were excited to learn about. It was about the “Be a Star” training program by the Africa Film & Television Talent Resource Center (AFTTREC). So what exactly is it, you ask?
About the “Be a Star” Program
It’s basically an exciting, inspiring and educative talent spotting and development workshop organized by Africa Film & Television Talent Resource Center (AFTTREC) and is meant for children and teens between ages 6 – 19 years.
The 7th edition of this program, to be held this November, will present the youngsters with excellent opportunities to constructively spend their free time, discover their gifts, talents, enhance them under the guidance and mentorship of professionals, boost their confidence and improve their social lives through interactions with new friends.
What areas are Covered in the Training Program?
During the training, the youngsters are mentored, guided and trained by competent and experienced industry professionals in areas such as:
- Confidence building
- Voice coaching
- The art of public speaking
- Music production
- TV presenting
Are there Other Activities for the Children?
Yes there are! The training is usually blended with various fun activities including:
- Music and Musical instruments
- Modeling competitions
- Dancing competitions
- Bonfires and treasure hunts
What are Some of the Benefits of the Program?
- Improved self-esteem/confidence
- Better communication skills
- Better social life through interaction with different people
- Self-discovery and personal identity
- Better health through exercise and relaxation
- Exposure to different environmental settings
Why Should You Register your Child?
- It will help keep your child constructively engaged during part of their school holiday as they learn, explore their creativity, try out new things, nurture their talents, and find out what they’re good at and likely to excel in
- Through it they will meet their peers from different schools and places, make new friends as they interact in a new environment
- The “Be a Star” helps kids to settle, be focused and meaningfully absorb all that’s being offered for them during the training
- The “Be a Star” training program fosters self-help skills that prepare participants for a healthy, independent life ahead.
Sounds interesting, doesn’t it? By the way, what I understand about the “Be a Star” program is that it’s not entirely meant for children to become superstars or celebrities (though that could happen too). The main purpose is for the children to learn to be more confident about themselves and their abilities, to carry themselves with a great sense of self-esteem and realization of who they are and what they can achieve to be, with more perspective and encouragement to be the best they can be 🙂
More details about the 7th edition training program:
Theme: Building Confidence for a Better Future
Venue: AFTTREC Training Center, Dennis Pritt Rd, Kilimani, Nairobi
Mode: Day Camp
Date: 4 – 16 December 2017
Charges: Ksh20,000 per child for the two weeks
- Select lipa na MPESA
- Select paybill
- Business number 880909
- Account number 7593240017
- Enter amount
*Remember to send back a text confirming payment
Also have a look a the video below to see bits of the training program. So parents, if you believe your child is gifted, or you have spotted some talent in them and you’d like to support them enhance it, then get in touch with the people over at AFTTREC on 0729-653-365 or 0729-653-209 and have a chat with them about it.
So let me ask you a question, now that we’re talking about nurturing talent. How did you discover your gift, skills or talents when growing up? What were you good at?